Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Great Outdoors

I know that I am a bit biased, but I love Northern California. Seriously. This place is amazing. With very little effort we were hiking in redwood forests and camping near the beach. I spent some time in Big Sur this weekend. We wished it could have been a longer stay, but it really was awesome- even for a limited time. I probably enjoyed one of my best hikes (in recent history.) Melissa and Liz made the trip full of laughter and fun. Our adventures included motorcycle clubs, the bike buddies bike race, and a troubadour with a bunny on his head - not to mention camping, hiking, and relaxing on the beach. I can't wait to do it again soon.








6 comments:

darcie said...

gorgeous. can you believe you get to live there?

Lissy Sarvela said...

I am dying. Those pics are amazing. And I am embarrassed and sad to say, I have never been to Big Sur. At least not when I was old enough to remember. You have GOT to take me and mark sometime!!!

SarahCeleste said...

LUCKY!

Unknown said...

*sigh* I do miss Norcal. It's like magic there. I love those pictures!

PJ Evers said...

Again Bec - LOVE LOVE LOVE your adventure reports and pictures!! Beautiful!!!
Patti

Mark said...

Only pic my computer at work will allow me to see is the one of the downed tree. Dang that was a beauty! Can't wait to see the other pics when I get home. Just read a story about the nor-cal redwood forests...kind of longing to be there to take a walk in the woods. Lucky you!