Monday, September 28, 2009

Keep 'em coming

Last Monday was a gorgeous day in Seattle. Today was a pretty great day in San Diego. I think I'm on a roll....
I couldn't resist a little pool time. Who says it's almost October?
(This picture was taken of my reflection in the mirrored window.)



I walked around the waterfront with two of our pilots (who are Navy guys) that I met on the van to the hotel. We ate at this Kansas City BBQ place that was filmed in Top Gun. Remember Goose playing the piano? That's the one. A fire gutted it a few years ago, but it was rebuilt and new memorabilia was added. (It's still a dive.)



(I had been out at the pool when I met up with the guys, so I was in a swimsuit coverup/dress as we walked. I looked a bit sleazy too. Perfect for the atmosphere, I guess.)

The Aircraft carrier Midway. I will definitely tour it next time I'm here. I love these things.



It was a lovely day to be outside.



The beach is only thing that would have made it perfect. Maybe next time I'll head there...
As I'm typing, here is my view: You can't beat it.

Just another day at the office.

3 comments:

laura kate said...

Quite the life indeed!

Peg said...

oh brother! good times :)

hey, aren't these west coast overnights a bit rare? seemed to me like you were back east more often than not. then again, maybe not so much idyllic, eat-your-heart-out weather, or quite as much available time back there.
whatever.. wherever.. staying tuned here.

The Lanyons said...

I SO want to go to that restaurant!!