Friday, February 20, 2009

Yes, It's For Real.

Just another day at the office this week...

This from the Orlando Examiner:

Southwest Airlines is in cahoots with Sports Illustrated to promote the 46th edition of the notorious swimsuit issue-with a bikini plane.

Now, before you go reminiscing back to all those flights you took on Hooters Air, just simmer down. The Southwest Airlines charter will have regular-variety flight attendants slinging regular Southwest Airlines peanuts. And chances are, once word gets out that positions need to be filled on a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue plane, those positions will go to very senior, experienced, mature (do you see where I'm going with this?) flight attendants.

(Or not. I was on this plane less than a week after the new decor. Should I be offended?)

The Southwest Boeing 737 will be painted with the heavenly body of Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Bar Rafaeli.The Bikini Boeing will fly VIPs from New York's LaGuardia to Las Vegas for an extravaganza at the Luxor resort. The aircraft will remain in service with its sexy skin through April.




So after this airplane's illustrious beginning, I was able to work on it. I felt a little badly for the passengers to have me onboard and not Bar. At least no one made a comment about my bikini (or lack thereof.) It was business as usual, except for the rampers who would take pictures outside in every city we went. Who can blame them? I took my own pictures.
Ironically, one of my earliest posts was of my desire for work to return a bit to its roots. I guess I should be careful what I wish for. Who knew anyone was listening?

4 comments:

Peg said...

funny, funny! you always class up anything you are part of. I would say the passengers knew just how lucky they were to have you, especially since they so often express or write compliments and gratitude.

with you on board this plane it is definitely a case of "don't judge by appearances". you are much more than a pretty face{umm..etc}. of course if they've seen your latest blog heading, there could be some confusion. :)

The Lanyons said...

HILARIOUS! Only in America.

Paige said...

Hey, I'm sure that everyone on board was thrilled with the beautiful flight attendant they found waiting for them! You don't have to be wearing a bikini to be sexy or look gorgeous! They could see you for who you were. THE BEST!

Lissy Sarvela said...

GET OUT OF HERE!! That is hilarious! i had no idea SWA was doing this. Mark is gonna love them even more.