Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fáilte, Welcome to Ireland

May the road rise up to meet you










May the wind be always at your back







May the sun shine warm upon your face





And the rains fall soft upon your fields













'til we meet again





May God hold you in His hands












It felt as though an Irish blessing bestowed upon me in my travels to Ireland with my mother and aunt. We traveled the countryside, navigated Dublin traffic, sailed a ferry, walked in the rain, ate by candlelight, listened to a jig, laughed like children, and slept like queens. Every person we encountered was friendly, generous, and kind.

Slán go fóill

Goodbye for now Ireland.
I will return.

6 comments:

PJ Evers said...

Glad you are back to blogging, Beck! What beautiful pictures of you all in Ireland. That is one pretty country and I relived our trip there thru your pictures. Thanks!
Patti

Lissy Sarvela said...

Beck, what a creative and beautiful way to present your pictures and memories. What an incredible trip it must have been. I still can't get over what a supermodel you look like in ALL these photos. WootWoo!!!

laura kate said...

Sweet post Beck.

Rachelle said...

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful lady...well, ladies! What an amazing trip. I'm sure you felt right at home with your gorgeous flaming locks.
I would love to see you sometime so call or something and maybe you can come for a visit. We'll also be there for Kimbriana's wedding, crazy but true, in May and I know she wants to invite you. Maybe you could come for the weekend??? May 19th and 20th.
Love you, sweet lady!

Peg said...

Yes, I too felt as if an Irish blessing was bestowed on me. Thank you for passing it on in the same spirit in your beautiful post. This was no ordinary trip.

Unknown said...

Remember when we sang that song in chior? The tune is now in my head. Thanks...in a good way:)Your pictures are beautiful...especially the one with the hair.:) So funny! I love you Beck!